Dr Laith is currently a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in the Division of Games Technology & Maths, School of Design and Informatics and he is the University Lead for Digital Transformation and Emergent Technologies for Pooled Excellence at Abertay University. In addition, he is leading, principal investigator and Co-investigator for several research projects that focus on 5G technologies and applications, cyber security, IoT, virtual productions and UAS. Laith Al-Jobouri received his B.Sc. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering for the University of Technology in 1995 and received his M.Sc. degree in Electronic and Communications Engineering from University of Mosul in 2001. He received his PhD degree in Electronic Systems Engineering from University of Essex in 2013. He also has obtained his Fellowship in Higher Education (FEHA) in 2020. Laith has more than 26 years of experiences in leadership, management, teaching, research, R&D and consultation in both academia and industry. He worked on many projects for R&D in wireless and mobile telecommunications, and he was a head of wireless R&D department in 2000. Dr Laith has worked with Siemens Telecommunications for mobile technology infrastructure and he was the technical lead for Siemens team in large infrastructure project in 2004. Started in 2009, he founded, chaired and organised 15 international conferences sponsored by IEEE. Dr Laith is Editor and Guest Editor of four journals. His research interest areas are including, wireless and mobile communications, 5G and beyond technologies and applications, IoT, cyber security, network engineering, network security, emergent technologies, digital transformation, video streaming and UAS technology and applications.
- R. F. Ghani, & L. Al-Jobouri, “'Packet Loss Optimization in Router Forwarding Tasks Based on The Particle Swarm Algorithm”, Electronics, vol. 12, no. 2, 462. Jan 2023. https://doi.org/10.3390/electronics12020462
• R. F. Ghani, A. A. Salman, A. B. Khudhair & L. Al-Jobouri, “ Blockchain-Based Student Certificate Management and System Sharing Using Hyperledger Fabric Platform”, In: Periodicals of Engineering and Natural Sciences. 10, 2, p. 207-218 12 p, 1 Apr 2022.
• A. Hammoodi, L. Audah, L. Al-Jobouri, MA. Mohammed, & MS. Aljumaily, “New 5G Kaiser-based windowing to reduce out of band emission”, Computers, Materials and Continua, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 2721-2738. https://doi.org/10.32604/cmc.2022.020091, 2022.
• O. Alani, A. Y. Qasim, and L. Al-Jobouri, “Could 5G Technology Be the Cause of COVID-19?”, Iraqi Journal of Industrial Research, 8(1), pp. 10–15. doi: 10.53523/ijoirVol8I1ID41, 2021.
• A. Benmir, A. Korichi, A. Bourouis, M. Alreshoodi, L. Al Jobouri, “GeoQoE-Vanet: QoE-Aware Geographic Routing Protocol for Video Streaming over Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks”. Computers, Vol9, no. 2, P45, 2020.
• F. Adeyemi-Ejeye, M. Alreshoodi, L. Al-Jobouri, and M. Fleury, “Impact of Packet Loss on 4K UHD Video for Portable Devices”. Journal of Multimedia Tools and Applications (publ. Springer). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-019-07996-1, July 2019.
• F. Adeyemi-Ejeye, M. Alreshoodi, L. Al-Jobouri, and M. Fleury, “Prospects For Live Higher Resolution Video Streaming To Mobile Devices: Achievable Quality Across wWreless Links”. Journal of Real-Time Image Processing, Special Issue Paper, Springer, 2018.
• F. Adeyemi-Ejeye, M. Alreshoodi, L. Al-Jobouri, M. Fleury, and J. Woods, "Packet Loss Visibility Across SD, HD, 3D, and UHD Video Streams", Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, Elsevier, Vol. 45, Issue C, P 95-106, May 2017.
• L. Al-Jobouri, F. Casu, M. Fleury, and J. Cabrera, "Video over DSL With LDGM Codes for Interactive Applications", MDPI Computers, vol. 9, no. 2, article 9, 2016.
• L. Al-Jobouri, M. Fleury, and M. Ghanbari, "Broadband Wireless Video Streaming: Achieving Unicast and Multicast IPTV in a Practical Manner", Journal of Multimedia Tools and Applications (publ. Springer), online DOI 10.1007/s11042-015-2577-6, April 2015.
• L. Al-Jobouri, I. A. Ali, M. Fleury, and M. Ghanbari, "Error and Congestion Resilient Video Streaming over Broadband Wireless", accepted to appear online in Computers (publ. MDPI), vol. 1(1), 2015.
• M. Fleury and L. Al-Jobouri, "Data-Partitioning - A Video Source-Coding Technique For Error Resilience", Chapter to appear in Handbook of Research on Networked Multimedia Communication Systems ed. D. Kanellopoulos et al., 2015.
• L. Al-Jobouri, M. Fleury, and M. Ghanbari, "Engineering Wireless Broadband Access to IPTV", Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation (publ. Elsevier), vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 1493-1506, 2014.
• M. Fleury, and L. Al-Jobouri, "Techniques and Tools for Adaptive Video Streaming", Chapter in Intelligent Multimedia Technologies for Networking Applications: Techniques and Tools ed. D. Kanellopoulos, pp. 65-101, 2013.
• L. Al-Jobouri, M. Fleury, and M. Ghanbari, "Protecting H.264/AVC Data-Partitioned Video Streams Over Broadband WiMAX", Advances in Multimedia, vol. 2012, Article ID 129517, 11 pages, 2012.
• L. Al-Jobouri, and M. Fleury, "Cross-layer Application of Video Streaming for WiMAX: Adaptive Protection with Rateless Channel Coding",Chapter accepted for "WiMAX / Book 2", ed. R. Hincapie, ISBN 979-953-307-675-0,Vukovar, Croatia, 2011.
• L. Al-Jobouri, M. Fleury, and M. Ghanbari, "Robust Data-Partitioned Video Streaming over a WiMAX Channel", IEEE WiMob, Niagara Falls, Canada, pp. 406-413, 2010.
• M. Fleury, R. Rouzbeh, S. Saleh, L. Al-Jobouri, M. Ghanbari, "Enabling WiMAX Video Streaming", Chapter in "WiMAX, New Developments", eds. U. D. Dalal and Y. P. Kosta, Vukavar, Croatia, pp. 213- 238, ISBN 978-953-7619-53-4, 2009.