Research Output per year
I am currently a part-time Lecturer in Games Audio, with a particular interest in audio-led game design and play. I lead on the delivery of teaching on AUD312 - Game Audio Implementation, and share teaching of AUD311 - Sound & Music for Games with Dr Christos Michalakos.
I completed my undergraduate degree in Electronics with Music at the University of Glasgow, followed by a Masters in Music Technology and a subsequent PhD in Music Technology, both also from the University of Glasgow.
As part of my work at Abertay I have developed games for the Playing Along interactive talk (together with Yann Seznec), and the Generation ZX(X) event run by my colleague Dr Mona Bozdog.
- AUD312 - Game Audio Implementation: An introduction to implementing audio for videogames, focusing on the Unity game engine and Wwise audio middleware. Module lead.
- AUD311 - Sound & Music for Games: An overview of the field of games audio, covering sound recording, composition and asset management. Teaching shared with Dr Christos Michalakos.
- ART405 - Honours Project Proposal and Development: A student-led practical project accompanied by a thesis. I am a student supervisor on this module.
- Playing Along: An interactive talk on game design, presented in collaboration with Yann Seznec. Presented at Continue Edinburgh 2018 and BFI Video Games Day 2018.
- Generation ZX(X): An event organised by Dr Mona Bozdog in 2018. The event celebrated the Timex factory where ZX Spectrums were made, and the women who made them. I contributed the game Breaking Out of the Frame. The Generation ZX(X) games were also exhibited at the opening ceremony for the V&A Dundee.
Music Technology, PhD, University of Glasgow
Music Technology, MMus, University of Glasgow
Electronics with Music, BEng, University of Glasgow